Saturday 28 October 2017

Smile, breathe and go slowly.


Smile, breathe and go slowly. ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

I often bring to mind these seemingly simple, yet somehow powerful words, from this wise and wonderful Vietnamese Zen Buddhist monk.

The smile is sometimes too hard, but the breathe, just breathe. Very few things do not suddenly seem just a little bit better if you just breathe.

Breathe.

And slow down.

Just slow down.......

What's the rush anyway? What is this sense of urgency that seems to sometimes bring me to near panic? Is it really that important? And will rushing even help?

The butterfly counts not months but moments and has time enough - Rabindranath Tagore.

Did you ever see a butterfly rushing? I never have. I've seen them dreaming though.

Like this beautiful little yellow admiral who paused to dream on the leek flowers.

Of what does she dream,  I wonder?

No comments:

Post a Comment